Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Independence Day Weekend!

I don't know about you, but we had a ball this weekend! Saturday we headed out to my mom and dad's (that was just yesterday, but it seems so long ago!). We had dinner and laid pretty low. Logan played outside for a bit before dinner.

We got up pretty early this morning and all got ready to head out to my grandma's house. I baked (yes, please stop laughing) an AMAZING lemon cooler cake and made my typical pasta salad since I still can't eat dairy and knew it would be slim pickings for me at the table. The lemon cake was awesome. It is a jello poke cake. Mom and I tried to think of different variations we could make with it. I think I might try a strawberry one soon and maybe even chocolate cherry. Anyhow, we ate a marvelous lunch and then came the parade... Logan and his cousins sat right in the front on grandma's yard with bags in hand ready to catch the candy launched at them. A couple floats had popsicles to throw and one even had ice cold milk...gotta love it! The parade lasted about an hour and a half. The kids had a ball. We then went over to my aunt's house for the kids to go swimming. We went back to mom and dad's for baths and then hit the road. Both kids zonked out before we even hit the halfway mark home. What a great day!

No comments: